Monday, September 26, 2011

More Pics of the Giro...


Got the Giro all set up and playing. All in all it wasn't that difficult to set up properly; if I had to do it again I'd breeze right through in a few minutes. The Unison UN1 cartridge was especially easy to mount, and the Unison-supplied protractor was effective and fairly accurate.


The only downside is that you need to set tracking force with an external gauge, so if you don't have one you'll need to get one. There are no little markings on the counterweight a la Rega.


Anti-skating is also dealt with in a novel way; the large bolt in the bracket just to the right of the tonearm pivot sits opposite of a trio of magnets on the tonearm, near the pivot. By screwing the bolt in or out, you counter the anti-skating forces. Simple and elegant.


Finally, I had to reset the loading on my Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE for the UN1 cartridge, which is an MM. I also used the phono section on my Unison Unico Nuove amp for a brief spell. Now it's time to let everything break in.

No comments:

Post a Comment