Sunday, June 20, 2010

Back at Whetstone Audio...


I just spent another Saturday afternoon with Brian DiFrank, owner of Whetstone Audio here in Austin. I must be a lucky charm for him, because just as I arrived a customer was leaving with a newly-purchased Leben CS-300 integrated amplifier. Brian's customary reply in such situations is, "Hoo-ray...Whetstone Audio gets to stay open for another month!"

I wound up staying for a while and listening to a strange variety of music...everything from Tubeway Army to Scott Walker. I wound up purchasing an almost mint LP copy of Scott Walker's Tilt from Brian. I took it home and was surprised at just how accessible it is, especially compared to Scott's last album, The Drift. In fact, I really, really enjoyed it! Be warned, however, that later Scott Walker is not for the faint of heart. It's the perfect music for getting everyone out of your house when the party is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment