Monday, February 21, 2011

A Quick Pic from Blackbird Audio


Dan Muzquiz of Blackbird Audio just sent me a pic of his Funk Firm Vector turntable and Funk Firm FXR-II arm with the new HRS ADL record clamp. He's been playing around with this combo and notes that the clamp makes this combination a real winner.

I'm really intrigued with this 'table and everytime I see it I want it even more.

Dan's sending me the Achroplat and Achromat replacement platter and arm for my Rega P3-24 for review as well. I've always been a staunch defender of the stock Rega mat and platter, but Funk Firm has always been at the forefront of Rega mods. The FXR-II, for instance, is one of the best-sounding RB-250 sourced arms available. I'm looking forward to putting these products through their paces.

1 comment:

  1. I'm especially interested in the Achroplat as a replacement for the MDF platter on my Moth Alamo. I tried the Rega glass platter with a couple different mats and did not like it. But I think there is a better platter out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete