Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow day in Texas!



When I moved to the Austin area in September 2009, I was told that it snows here about once every four years. Well, today is that day!





It's only a couple of inches, but it's also very icy, which of course means that everything is shut down today. I just heard on the radio that this was the first snow day for Austin area schools since 2004. I drove out to see the Cookie Lady at All Mom's Cookies (I have all-wheel drive) and she was closed. Arggh.



It's been pretty cold as well. When I woke up yesterday morning, it was 21 degrees with a wind chill of 7. All you people in the rest of the country are probably rolling your eyes and thinking "That's downright balmy!" But in Texas, it's friggin' cold, period.




Everybody stay warm! I know this is a mofo of a winter. Just stay inside and spin some records.


No comments:

Post a Comment