Thursday, February 17, 2011

You snooze you lose...look at this beautiful vintage Thorens TD-147!


I think we all missed out on this one. This beautifully restored Thorens TD-147 from Vinyl Nirvana sold within days. The cost was only $625 shipped. For those who don't know the TD-147, it's the version of the famed TD-160 with the auto shut-off function. This particular model has a stunning plinth, and the entire TT had only one minor scratch.

This just proves that the market for first-rate vintage turntables is still thriving. For future reference, just bookmark the Vintage Turntable page on Vinyl Nirvana at http://www.vinylnirvana.com/vintage-turntables-for-sale/ and you'll be able to monitor these offerings before they sell.

Oh, and for the record, I receive nothing from Audio Nirvana, Echo Audio or anyone else for spotting these TTs. In fact, I don't even think that Kurt Doslu or David Archimbault know about my blog. I just think about something that Gene Rubin of Gene Rubin Audio once told me: "Finding homes for used audio gear is good karma. All of these pieces can bring musical joy to SOMEONE..."

No comments:

Post a Comment