Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Positive Feedback Exchange Now Online!



High-end audio trading posts have been around for quite a while, but many audiophiles have been complaining about their experiences on such sites as eBay, Audiogon and others. Over the years I've bought and sold on these sites and have usually been satisfied with their services, but others haven't been so lucky. For instance, eBay has regulated shipping and handling costs to the point where most sellers actually lose money completing a transaction. Audiogon, on the other hand, has gone through so many changes and revisions in recent years that many buyers and sellers are turned off.

So what makes the new classified service from the folks at Positive Feedback Online so special? Well, first of all it's run by true audiophiles, audio industry reviewers and one of the most trustworthy online audio publications in the world. These people are in it for the love of audio. I know, I know--it sounds like a line. But I've been associated with PFO for some time, and I have to say that these people have integrity, an increasingly rare commodity in the hi-fi community. For example, check out the site and you'll notice the high quality of the offerings. I just checked it a few minutes ago, and they're featuring such outstanding products as a pair of Magico Q7 louspeakers--my pick for the finest speakers on earth--for about $60K off the retail price. In addition, you get an outstanding forum where you can discuss audio with some of the most knowledgeable and friendly folks in the biz.

I always get nervous selling gear on some of these sites--spammers run rampant and I've spotted some real shenanigans in the past (like the guy who wanted to sell me a pair of new, in-the-box Quad ESLs for an amazingly low price because he bought them for a disco in the Far East--yeah, right). The PFO site is new, unsullied by hucksters and run by some of the kindest and straightforward audiophiles I know.

If you don't believe me, check out the site at https://exchange.positive-feedback.com/ and let me know what you think. I have a beautiful Rega P3-24 that I've needed to sell for quite a while, but I've been procrastinating because I dislike dealing with some of the other sites. I'm going to give the PF Exchange a try and I'll give everyone my impressions of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment