Sunday, November 11, 2018

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery


Wow, I've been plagiarized. I guess I'm a little honored that someone would want to copy my blog reviews, but I'm not so happy about this guy trying to charge artists and publicists $100 for "coverage." It's also creepy that this guy, whose name is Simon Something-or-Other, backdates his reviews so it looks like I'm copying him.

This is all on a website called JazzBluesNews.Space. Here is my review of Adam Price's House Ghosts, which I wrote on October 18, and here is his review which is dated October 11--even though it just appeared within the last couple of days.

I've had two publicists contact me about this guy--evidently he's been doing this a long time and the jazz scene hates him. Then again, this is the internet and all sorts of shenanigans are going on every day. Should I worry about this? Should I sue him? Should I blast him through social media? Or should I just let this bottom-feeder swim away?

No comments:

Post a Comment