Monday, March 12, 2012

My Kingdom for an Amplifier


After being on the road for a while--nine states in nine days--I finally came home to Central Texas and found a lot of new music in the mailbox. I only have one problem: no system to play it on! That's right--we've been so busy sending out equipment to dealers, reviewers and customers that my own system is decimated. Well, not quite decimated, but I do seem to be lacking an amplifier.


As you can see, I'm down to my old system--Rega P3-24, Lehmann Audio Black Cube SE and my Trenner & Friedl ART monitors. I do have the Unison Research CDE CD player, but that's the only piece of inventory in the house. Most importantly, there's no amp. Unfortunately, that's what I need to listen to music.


Fortunately, help is on the way. I'll be getting a new Unison Research Sinfonia integrated amplifier from Italy in a few days. Also, Dave Clark of Positive Feedback Online is getting started on his review of my Giro turntable, so I should have it back pretty soon. (No rush, Dave, but hug the Giro for me!) Within a couple of weeks I should be neck deep in gear again.

And once I have a complete system again, I'll get started on those CD and LP reviews.

2 comments: