Wednesday, November 3, 2010

LIVESTRONG...Movember!


LIVESTRONG has declared the month of November as "Movember," which aims to increase awareness about prostrate cancer. How do we do that? By growing a mustache!

I've had a mo' since 1995, so I'm already on board, but the idea is for men to grow a mustache throughout the month so that people will come up to you and ask you why! That's when you tell them about LIVESTRONG and their fight to prevent prostate cancer.

For more information, check out this YouTube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef9zRMHmZns&feature=share

My connection to LIVESTRONG runs deep--I wrote over 100 health-related articles for Livestrong.com a couple of years ago. I also consider Lance Armstrong a personal hero (although his politics are a little further to the right than mine), and I've been a cyclist off and on throughout my life. I've taken a couple of breaks from it since I've been hit twice by cars, but I plan on getting back on a bike very soon. I even live down the road from Lance. The Texas Hill Country where I live is one of the best places to ride a bike in the country. But I digress.

LIVESTRONG does some great work in our world, and I encourage you to grow a mustache (unless you're a woman, of course) and to support their efforts to increase awareness about prostate cancer. Dan Muzquiz of Blackbird Audio/Gallery invited me to join the team, and now I'm asking you to do the same! You can visit http://www.livestrong.com/ for more details. You can join Dan's team at http://us.movember.com/mospace/1001822/.

No comments:

Post a Comment